This house of classical design is also a vernacular house of the period. The residence was built by Alvin W. Chapman (an internationally known botanist) in the mid 1800's. The house originally had a central hallway both upstairs and downstairs with two rooms on either side of the hallway. The original kitchen was more than likely seperate from the house. In 1921 the house was extensivly remodeled. Today it is owned by Olivier Monod and houses the Apalachicola offices of Anchor Realty and Mortgage Company.